- Product Details
Care & Maintenance
Shipping & Returns
Your hardwood steps will look great and be safer to walk on with Sumatra sisal carpet stair treads from Natural Area Rugs. Available in sets of 13, our treads are made with 100% natural sisal, a durable and earth-friendly fiber. Simply attach each stair tread to a step with double-sided heavy duty carpet tape ("intertape") or use carpet nails/tacks to keep them securely in place. You'll reduce the risk of anyone slipping and falling on the slick wood and make your home more beautiful at the same time!
Sumatra stair treads are handcrafted by artisan rugmakers to produce a high quality, even weave that will look amazing in your home. These treads are available in a natural golden beige tone that's offset with durable dark brown cotton binding. Nothing says country casual quite like our Sumatra sisal carpet stair treads. They offer a subtle touch that makes a big difference in the overall composition of any room with stairs.
Natural Area Rugs has been offering exceptional natural fiber rugs for more than 40 years. We're proud to be able to provide handcrafted rugs at very affordable prices, bringing flooring luxury into your home. All of our rugs include free shipping and most in-stock rugs, including Sumatra stair treads, will ship the same day that you order!
- Fiber Content: 100% natural sisal.
- Exceptional quality and color. Even better than before!
- Earth friendly and healthy for your family.
- Hand crafted by experienced rugmakers.
- Neutral, organic colors look beautiful in any home.
- Durable, anti-static, and easy to clean.
- Adds traction to stairs, reducing the risk of slipping on hardwood steps.
- Reduces wear and tear on your steps. Imported.
- Easy to install with heavy duty carpet tape or nails (not included). Watch our stair tread installation tutorial.
- Vacuum and/or shake regularly to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Avoid humidity and moisture.
- Do not use a steam cleaner or saturate the rug with water, as this can cause warping.
- Solid materials can be gently scraped away with a dull knife.
- Blot all liquid spills immediately with a clean, white cloth. Do not rub.
- Use a clean cloth dampened with club soda to neutralize spills of wine or tomato sauce.
- Stubborn stains may be treated using a cloth moistened with a mild soap solution. Blot to treat, then remove the soap with a clean damp towel. Dry thoroughly.
- We recommend using Host Dry Carpet Cleaner for serious spills and accidents.
- Clip loose ends. Do not pull on threads or fibers.
- Rug pad is recommended to prolong the life of your area rug.
For additional cleaning tips, read our blog on How to Clean Your Natural Area Rug