There are thousands and millions of eco-friendly home decor ideas on the internet that can be overwhelming. Want to put together an earth-friendly interior decoration? There are a few things you can choose for your precious home. Go for small things to make a big difference. Here are some fun ideas for DIY eco-friendly home decor.
Use Plant-Based Items for Home Decor
This probably goes without saying. The more organic and plant-based items you use to decorate your home, the better. Materials like Jute, Seagrass, Sisal are highly versatile fibers and there are many items made with them. Starting from Rugs to coasters, hand towels, stair treads, planters, Seating arrangements —Jute products are available across the board.
While decorating a space, the floor is one of the most important concerns. You can choose a wall-to-wall carpet and/or go with defined area rugs. Rugs come in different shapes and sizes to first whatever floor area you want to cover. The best part of using natural area rugs is that they can be customized just the way you want them.
Jute, Sisal, Seagrass, Cotton, Hemp, Wool, Leather are some of the most popular choices for natural fiber rugs. You can get either custom-made rugs or ready-made ones. Natural area rugs and treads have multiple benefits apart from being eco-friendly.
Benefits of Natural Area Rugs
- Easy-to-Clean Hygenic rugs
- Very easy to maintain and are durable
- Most natural fiber rugs will last for a long time
- Some natural fibers like sisal are anti-bacterial
- Natural rugs are reasonably priced
- Natural rugs are anti-static
- Natural fibers are pet-friendly. Go for the rugs specifying that No harmful chemical treatments have been done.
- Regular vacuuming is enough to maintain the rugs.
- The natural rugs fit almost all decor styles. Adds a boho-chic vibe and is extremely elegant. Looks great on hardwood floors.
- You get to choose from multiple textures and patterns.
- Most natural fibers are very soft to walk on barefoot.
- Majorly, the rugs are handmade by skilled artisans making each of them unique.
- Many of them take dyes well and many can be painted.
- They can be layered on top of larger rugs for defining spaces under certain pieces of furniture.
- Some organic fiber rugs and treads are naturally flame retardant, anti-static, and noise dampening.
You can also get some jute ropes to create some DIY items as well. Jute ropes can be braided or loomed as per your preference. The same goes for the natural fibers as well. You can weave a mat, wall hangings, planters, mittens, etc. using natural fiber threads.
Looking for some natural fiber floor decor items? Natural Area Rugs now provides up to 7 free samples of our natural fiber weaves (including Sisal, Seagrass, and Wool/Sisal) and cotton-based bindings/borders! Plus, Free Shipping! Get Your Pick Now.