Yes, it is true that area rugs are becoming the “in” thing again. There is good reason for it too. They are gorgeous and can enhance the look of any space. Here are some tips on finding the ideal rug for your space.
- Know what you want. Natural fiber rugs are not like the ones made with synthetic materials. Also, not all natural fiber rugs are the same. Choose from natural fibers such as mountain grass, sea grass, wool, jute and sisal. They are all stunning and all different.
- Choose the one that will complement your If you have pets inside, then you might want to choose one that is resistant to dirt. Then again, it might be for a high traffic area and if so, it will need to be hard wearing. If you have allergies, choose one that will not aggravate them.
- Size matters. How large do you need it to be? Will a standard size work or will you need one with a custom size?
- Cover what needs to be covered. Rugs will always look their best when they are large enough to get underneath everything in the space that they are in while not being wall to wall.
- Get the color right. Remember that natural area rugs will naturally come in natural colors. While any of them will be in shades of green, tan or brown, the shades have a diversity that means no two are alike. Also, cowhide and wool rugs can always be dyed if you like.
- Don’t forget the border! All of the rugs that can be found here at Natural Area Rugs come bordered in a canvas of high quality that comes in 14 color options. These borders really make the rug stand out.
- Which weave? These rugs are available in different patterns for the weave. Choose from herringbone, basket or tight knit.
- Never go padless. Area rugs are notoriously slippery. Having a pad underneath one can take the slip factor out of the equation. It can also protect both the rug and the floor underneath the rug while adding more cushion for your feet.
- The smell will pass. When natural fiber rugs are new…they smell like the natural fibers. Just as a new car smell will fade, this too shall pass.
- Know the fiber. If you are choosing a rug for a stairway, don’t go with sea grass because it can be slippery. Choose the fiber that will work the best for the area where it will be.
- Keep It clean. While these rugs are resistant to stains and can absorb spills. Still, when you clean them, do it right.
- Rotate it. If you don’t want the traffic to wear a path through your rug, rotate it on a regular basis.
When choosing your area rug, remember these tips and you won’t go wrong. Our professionals at Natural Area Rugs are standing by to help you with your choice.