Since we are a company that specializes in rugs made from natural fibers, we could tell you all kinds of things about them and how they compare to and surpass everything else on the market. Instead, here is a list of 20 things that you might not know about them.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are durable. It doesn’t matter how much traffic they get, they will last for years.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are diverse. They don’t all look or even feel alike.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are not always expensive and can even be quite affordable…especially when compared to cheap, synthetic rugs.
- These rugs are friendly to the planet and you can help reduce your carbon footprint by using one of them in place of one made from synthetic materials.
- They are not always a pain in the neck to clean. Contrary to popular belief, these rugs can be quite easy to clean.
- Each rug made from natural fibers is unique just as each fiber they are made from is. The natural hues and even the shapes of the fibers can make each one beautifully unique.
- You will always be able to find an ideal rug for each room, regardless of what the other décor is like.
- Rugs made from natural fibers can be central to the design of a room
- These rugs can look casual and airy or give a room a look that is more formal
- Aside from being environmentally friendly, there are not as many chemicals used in the production of these rugs when compared to rugs made from synthetic materials
- Choosing a natural area rug for any space means that you have tons of options
- Natural area rugs are typically flat woven – meaning there is no pile and many times, they can be reversible
- These rugs are created from fibers that are plant based and then tightly woven together
- Although cotton might sometimes be added to make the rugs softer, the rugs are mainly made from fibers that come from seagrass, jute and sisal or wool
- Many people choose to use these rugs in entryways but they work well in every space
- These rugs are resistant to stains and very tough
- Rugs made from natural fibers can are able to hold dyes in order to be made more colorful
- Many of the natural fiber rugs can be resistant to pet hair, which makes it easier for your vacuum to get all of it up
- Natural area rugs can go hand in hand with any type of décor
- You can even split large rooms up into specific spaces that can be delineated by different natural fiber rugs.
Natural Area Rugs specializes in rugs that are made from natural fibers. For the best selection and great prices, head on over now to find the natural area rug of your dreams.
The popularity of wool and sisal area rugs is quickly taking over as more and more consumers purchase these high quality and all natural area rugs as either area covers or hallway runners for their homes. Because they are made from two of the most durable materials that an area rug can be constructed with, a combination of wool and sisal materials, they last longer than most other rugs and they are as soft as can be.
Many consumers prefer a wool sisal rug for a number of reasons. The durability and the strength of the combined materials creates a strong, stain resistant and soft to the feet area rug that is both eco-friendly, warming to any home interior and very affordable to acquire. The materials can be woven together in thousands of varying patterns making a number of available intricate designs that will add to the feeling of any room in the house. And because they are made of a sturdy combination material, sisal wool area rugs really can last the test of time, and work magnificently in high traffic areas of the home.
The high quality and the long lasting nature of these combination material area rugs is what are attracting more consumers to them. They can be found in so many different patterns, they are well priced and they are very affordable when compared to other hand woven and hand tufted area rugs currently on the market. They also tend to last a long time when properly cared for and, they do not shed.
Broadloom carpet is carpet that can be custom made to any size you need, including wall to wall carpeting. Currently, you can choose from broadloom carpet that is made from all natural, Earth friendly materials such as mountain grass, Sisal and wool. These are only a few of the many choices, however, there are many different materials that help you have a green home as well as a unique and beautifully carpeted home.
Ordering Broadloom Carpet
The first thing you will want to know when you custom order broadloom carpet is the material you want to use. Wool is a good choice if you want a softer, more traditional carpet that is comfortable even in bare feet. Other choices, such as Sisal, are an excellent choice when you want a hypo-allergenic carpet that is custom made for your home.
Sisal carpet is made from plant based materials, and unlike other traditional carpeting, will not trap dust. You can vacuum your Sisal carpeting as normal, or you can ask a carpet professional about cleaning once or twice a year.
Most people enjoy the softness of wool, but also want to have less dust and an easy to care for carpet in their home. If you want the best of both wool and other Earth friendly materials, then you can choose a blended broadloom carpet for your home.
Blended Sisal carpet is made from 53% wool, and 47% Sisal for the best combination of softness and durability. Wool is a good choice if you have a busy home, since the fibers work as an air cleaner, taking gases out of the air and neutralizing them naturally. The addition of Sisal adds to the effectiveness of the carpet as a natural way to avoid home pollutants, since the Sisal does not harbor dust or bacteria as traditional carpets do.
If you are considering buying a new area rug, then there are some things you should keep in mind when it comes to materials. The higher quality the materials are, the longer that you can expect to enjoy the area rug. Take for example the highly popular sisal material, extracted from the agave plant. This coarse and extremely durable fiber can withstand the test of time while offering a beautiful complement to your home´s décor. Below are the top ten reasons to buy sisal area rugs, as follows. Continue reading
What makes a Sisal rug so popular? The texture of the fabric that is used and the quality of the handcrafted nature of these rugs are what make them so popular in the interior design world of today. The exotic nature of these, all natural rugs is what is driving their popularity in the market today. Because most Sisal rugs are created in Kenya, or Tanzania, where extracts from the agave plant are used to create the fine and long fibers that comprise the durability and high quality, and strength of the Sisal rug structure.
Because the fibers are so versatile, they can be woven in a variety of patterns and they are long lasting and smooth, soft to the touch. Sisal is spun by hand using the soft and smooth yarn, which is then hand tufted and woven into the beautiful Sisal rugs that you see in stores and online. Because of the nature of the Sisal yarn, the rugs are very anti-static and they can absorb much extra sound that can be created in a home. They are also resistant to fire and to water, making spills a snap to clean up.
Caring for a Sisal rug is rather simple. They can be shaken and beaten to remove dirt and they are easily vacuumed to be cleaned. The patterns and colors are widely varying making it easy to find a Sisal rug that can fit cozily into any room in the home, complimenting the interior of that room. Finally, they last a long time because the strength of the fabric. So an investment into a new Sisal rug is one that will last a long amount of time and make any home interior look great.