Seagrass rugs are extraordinarily simple to care for. They aren’t very absorbent, which means spills can be wiped up immediately without soaking into the stiff fibers. Dirt doesn’t cling to seagrass, so a regular care plan should keep your rug looking beautiful for years. Never use a steam cleaner or a carpet shampoo to wash your rug. Because seagrass is a natural fiber, steam and moisture will weaken the material and can cause it to warp and lose its shape.
The easiest way to keep a seagrass rug looking new is to vacuum it regularly. Vacuuming will remove the dirt particles that can work their way into the rug and damage it over time. Removing dirt from the surface of the rug will keep it looking clean and new. Continue reading
When you take care of your area rugs, you will be rewarded with them lasting a lifetime. If you follow these tips for cleaning and caring for your area rugs, you can make them last. All eyes might very well be on your new seagrass rugs and you want it to stay that way. With only a bit of vigilance, you will be able to preserve the natural good looks of them, regardless if they are sisal rugs, jute rugs or even your seagrass rugs.
The care and cleaning requirements for area rugs will depend on the way they are made as well as what they are made from. However, there are some things that do apply to all types of rugs regardless of what they are made from, how they are made or what they cost.
- Use a pad underneath your rug. Rug pads will improve the appearance of the rug while also preventing it from slipping. Anytime you use a rug pad, it needs to be about an inch smaller than the rug you will be using it under – don’t count any fringe in the length of the rug – so that it will not show.
- Vacuum your area rugs lightly on a weekly basis. Don’t forget to vacuum the underside of it either. If the rug is in an area that gets a lot of traffic, you will want to vacuum it more often. If the rug has any fringe, don’t vacuum the fringe. Keep the integrity of your rugs intact by using an upright style vacuum cleaner and by making sure that the beater bar is at the highest level. Alternatively, if you have a stick vacuum or canister vacuum, these are less abrasive.
- Don’t expose your area rugs to sunlight or heat for long periods of time.
- Rotate your rugs on a regular basis so that they will wear evenly.
- Have them cleaned professionally. This will depend on where the rug is located as well as on how much foot traffic it gets, but as a rule of thumb, once a year should be often enough.
- Make sure that you take care of any stains as soon as possible. Use a clean, absorbent, white cloth and blot the stains immediately. Do not rub the stain or use any type of product that contains silicone because these things will accelerate the soiling.
Anytime you get a special, natural rug that is made from things like seagrass, sisal or jute, they will last longer if you take proper care of them. This type of area rug can make many types of statements as far as design goes. Keep them looking great for years to come and your investment in them will pay off in the long run.
When considering a quality area rug, there are many options. However, there are some things that you´ll want to pay attention to. Like durability, whether or not the materials are environmentally-friendly, and the quality of such materials. Also, do the materials offer any natural benefits like being stain-resistant, anti-static, and most importantly, fire-retardant? One such rug that offers these benefits is the Seagrass Rug. Below are the Top 10 Reasons why a natural Seagrass Rug may be the best one for you.