It’s official – shag rugs are back! Shag rugs were huge in the 70’s and came is only ugly colors! Today we have some of the best contrast shag rugs available on the market. They are all eco-friendly and come in beautiful colors. The new shag rugs are made from Polyester twisted yarn with 100% cotton backing.
Shag rugs are rugs that have a deep pile, much deeper than the average rug. This means you have an extra thick rich pile that feels remarkably soft on your feet! This is why these rugs are sometimes referred to as shag pile rugs. The result of these longer yard strands is addictive, luxurious comfort. These are rugs you can really sink your feet into, due to the nature of hand-tufted rugs, shedding may occur for first use but diminish over time.
Are you making more environmentally friendly choices in your home? One way you can carry your eco-friendly choices into your home is by natural area rugs. There are many choices and different materials you can choose from when it comes to Natural Area Rugs, we want to inform you a little bit more about these Natural Area Rugs. You can take advantage of their natural properties and these rugs will not only help protect the environment but enhance your home as well.
Wool and Sisal Area Rugs
The high quality Wool and Sisal Area Rugs are renowned for both their softness and their durability. The combination of wool and sisal gives you the durability and texture of sisal combined with the softness and comfort of wool.
Wool and sisal area rugs are known for their comfort, natural, lasting beauty and appeal, adding style to any room. We recommend using wool/sisal rugs in your living rooms and bedrooms.
The warming of the earth is greatly affecting millions of once stable and now extremely delicate ecosystems around the world. It is up to each and every one of us to do our part to reduce these emissions and the disposal of toxic elements into our environment that causes greenhouse gases to be emitted.
Believe it or not, even the smallest thing that you buy can help change the tide of global warming that is plaguing our planet. When it comes to area rugs, there are some ways that you can do your part for the environment. What follows are the top ten reasons to buy environmentally-friendly area rugs and truly do your part.
– Natural area rugs will not harm the environment because they are made with natural materials.
– There are no harmful chemicals, curing agents or dyes found in environmentally-friendly area rugs.
– You are not laying waste to irreplaceable portions of foresting and vegetation when you buy natural area rugs; they come from easily and naturally renewable sources.
– Environmentally friendly area rugs do not emit harmful indoor pollutions, otherwise known as volatile organic compounds.
– Most natural area rugs materials are imported from other, poorer regions around the world. By purchasing these highly sought after, natural materials you are supporting growing economies.
– Natural materials will decompose when discarded without harming the environment.
– Purchasing a natural rug versus a synthetic rug that uses dangerous and harmful chemicals that can contribute to the decline of the environment, is just another way that you can do your part.
– Natural material rugs tend to be more durable and reliable than synthetic material rugs.
– Common natural materials, like sisal, mountaingrass and seagrass area rugs, are naturally anti-static, fire-retardant and stain-resistant.
– Natural materials like New Zealand Wools repel odors from your home and are naturally anti-bacterial.
When you want to improve the look of a room, but don´t have a lot of time or money to spend redecorating, then you can simply add an area rug to spice up your room. Natural fiber area rugs are an excellent choice, especially when you choose a high quality, natural area rug that accentuates your home decor perfectly.
Whether you choose an Earth friendly area rug or a traditional Jute area rug made from a cotton blend, you will not be disappointed in the quality and style you receive.
Earth Friendly Materials
The materials used in natural rugs include bamboo, mountain grass, Sisal and wool. While it is easy to imagine an area rug that is made of natural fibers as being dull, modern methods of coloring and manufacturing natural fibers has not only improved the appearance of natural fiber area rugs, but their durability as well.
Materials like bamboo and mountain grass make a more rigid area rug, while wool adds a touch of softness to any room. The best thing about natural area rugs, however, is that there is a minimal impact on the Earth from production and manufacturing.
Natural Rugs do so much more than accent your home, they help the environment. Natural Rugs are made from Earth-friendly materials that benefit, instead of detract from, the environment. They are considered Earth-friendly for a number of reasons.
Natural rug selections can be biodegradable, or they can trap in air contaminants to purify the air, or sometimes natural rugs are simply produced without the use of toxic chemicals or materials.
Types of Natural Rugs
There are numerous types of Natural Rugs, all of which are Earth-friendly for varying reasons. Some of the most popular Natural Rugs are made from jute, wool, bamboo, sisal, seagrass, and mountain grass.
Jute Natural Rugs
Jute is an ancient plant that has been used in Asia and the middle-east for quite some time. Jute is not only used as a resource for Natural Rugs, but can also be found in such products as sacks and bags, as well as prayer rugs. In addition, it is used as the backing to carpets. Jute is a biodegradable material that breaks down into the soil and creates additional vitamins and minerals. Jute is also a renewable resource, which means that it can be used endlessly without having to be replanted.