Jute rugs are delicate and beautiful pieces of art. These types of rugs compliment a variety of décor styles, and could possibly enhance the furniture you already have! These rugs are high – fashion and high quality. Most jute rugs are hand made. They are composed from a straw like fiber. Consequently, preserving a jute rug requires diligent care. Here are a few tips to ensure that the beauty of your jute rug is preserved.
Jute rugs must be vacuumed on a regular basis. When vacuuming, make sure that you get both sides of the jug. It may be a good idea to keep your jute rug out of high traffic areas. If your jute rug does get a stain, you should use mild soap and water to work the stain out. Test your cleanser first on an inconspicuous portion of the rug to ensure that the cleanser is not too strong. A soft bristle brush or a sponge should be used to get the stain out. Be sure to use very gentle motions against the jute rug.
As long as you keep your jute rug clean, these rugs will remain extremely strong and durable. Not to mention, their beauty will last for ages as well.
Jute rugs can be purchased in several shapes and styles. The jute rugs that are sold before they are dyed retain some of their natural tan color (which is the color of the Jute plant!). Jute rugs are also available in patterns like stripes and chevrons.
Jute rugs can often be found in smaller boutiques and online. Remember jute rugs are considered pieces of art, so they can also be hung up on a wall to add texture to the room!
If you are looking to furnish your new home or office or plan to quickly redecorate your space, you should consider shopping for area rugs. Area rugs are easily the most versatile element in interiors and home decoration. A simple piece of rug, or an elegant carpet, it will add instant charm, changing the personality of the room and the elements in it. It can be as inexpensive or as expensive you want. These days, area rugs come in so many different designs, colors, themes, shapes and combinations. If you are planning to decorate your home with area rugs, read below to find out 7 ways to do it easily.
1. Think of elements that can fit in
If your kitchen is too small, it is only natural that you want something that to open it up. Use a bright carpet in solid color or a light colored carpet with floral motif. If your elegant living room looks bland, get a rich Persian carpet which can become the focus.
2. Select area rugs to fit into a theme
Some people like to follow a theme for their rooms. If your room is already in a theme, it is probably the easiest to get a rug to match the theme. If you have Persian furniture, get a Persian carpet. Or add a country style rug to cane or bamboo furniture.
It’s official – shag rugs are back! Shag rugs were huge in the 70’s and came is only ugly colors! Today we have some of the best contrast shag rugs available on the market. They are all eco-friendly and come in beautiful colors. The new shag rugs are made from Polyester twisted yarn with 100% cotton backing.
Shag rugs are rugs that have a deep pile, much deeper than the average rug. This means you have an extra thick rich pile that feels remarkably soft on your feet! This is why these rugs are sometimes referred to as shag pile rugs. The result of these longer yard strands is addictive, luxurious comfort. These are rugs you can really sink your feet into, due to the nature of hand-tufted rugs, shedding may occur for first use but diminish over time.
Are you making more environmentally friendly choices in your home? One way you can carry your eco-friendly choices into your home is by natural area rugs. There are many choices and different materials you can choose from when it comes to Natural Area Rugs, we want to inform you a little bit more about these Natural Area Rugs. You can take advantage of their natural properties and these rugs will not only help protect the environment but enhance your home as well.
Wool and Sisal Area Rugs
The high quality Wool and Sisal Area Rugs are renowned for both their softness and their durability. The combination of wool and sisal gives you the durability and texture of sisal combined with the softness and comfort of wool.
Wool and sisal area rugs are known for their comfort, natural, lasting beauty and appeal, adding style to any room. We recommend using wool/sisal rugs in your living rooms and bedrooms.
The warming of the earth is greatly affecting millions of once stable and now extremely delicate ecosystems around the world. It is up to each and every one of us to do our part to reduce these emissions and the disposal of toxic elements into our environment that causes greenhouse gases to be emitted.
Believe it or not, even the smallest thing that you buy can help change the tide of global warming that is plaguing our planet. When it comes to area rugs, there are some ways that you can do your part for the environment. What follows are the top ten reasons to buy environmentally-friendly area rugs and truly do your part.
- Natural area rugs will not harm the environment because they are made with natural materials.
- There are no harmful chemicals, curing agents or dyes found in environmentally-friendly area rugs.
- You are not laying waste to irreplaceable portions of foresting and vegetation when you buy natural area rugs; they come from easily and naturally renewable sources.
- Environmentally friendly area rugs do not emit harmful indoor pollutions, otherwise known as volatile organic compounds.
- Most natural area rugs materials are imported from other, poorer regions around the world. By purchasing these highly sought after, natural materials you are supporting growing economies.
- Natural materials will decompose when discarded without harming the environment.
- Purchasing a natural rug versus a synthetic rug that uses dangerous and harmful chemicals that can contribute to the decline of the environment, is just another way that you can do your part.
- Natural material rugs tend to be more durable and reliable than synthetic material rugs.
- Common natural materials, like sisal, mountaingrass and seagrass area rugs, are naturally anti-static, fire-retardant and stain-resistant.
- Natural materials like New Zealand Wools repel odors from your home and are naturally anti-bacterial.