Now that the temps are getting higher and you have thrown the winter clothes back to their hiding places, and changed out the flannel sheets for the cotton ones, and even replaced your winter window dressings for ones that have a more summery look, it is time to get to work on the rest of your home. You may have even gotten brighter colors displayed in your home now in order to match the flowers that are blooming… and why shouldn’t you? You are ready to welcome the warmer months with open arms like as not. As you get ready to embrace the warmer temperatures, you might also want to think about switching out your rugs with everything else. It might be a comfort to have those plush shag rugs and thick wool rugs in the colder climes, but they can be a bit much for those months when the air conditioning in running. Try using natural fiber area rugs instead when you are looking for an option that is light, warm, and ideal for decorating in the spring and summer.
Using rugs that are made from natural fibers such as sisal and jute allow for you to bring earthy colors as well as an added layer of texture to any room in your home where you see fit to place them. These rugs are made from natural fibers that are renewable too…which means that they are more friendly to the environment. They are also incredibly durable and this means that they are great for use in hallways or in the living room where you get a lot of foot traffic…well, the sisal rugs. Jute rugs are not as durable but are great for use in those lower traffic areas such as bedrooms, formal dining rooms and formal living rooms. You can use a rug that is made from sisal to be a complement to your brighter accents in any room while it also warms the entire look up. If you think that you still need a bit more color, think about putting a smaller, brightly colored rug on top of the sisal rug in order to create a chic layered look that is always trending.
There is also another benefit to using natural area rugs. These rugs are great to be used in every season! You might choose to continue layering the rugs in order to incorporate new patterns and colors with your existing décor and you can always rely on your rugs that are made from natural fibers to be that timeless accessory that will always look elegant and cool.
Head on over to Natural Area Rugs to find the ideal rug for your home and style today.
When you hear the phrase – shag rug – you might cringe while you are plagued with flashbacks to the 70’s. Until just recently, these rugs were not in style, but fashion follows a cycle and that cycle has brought shag rugs back to us…even if disco and bell bottoms haven’t made it full circle yet.
The shag rugs of today are more plush than ever before. They add a bit of luxury to whatever room they are in and they are incredibly soft. Additionally, they are practical. The thick, deep pile is able to withstand heavy traffic and this makes them ideal for those areas in your home where you have a lot of traffic. They are ideal for those who have pets or children.
If you are of a mind to add a new rug to your décor, don’t just immediately pass over the shag rugs. With a bit of research, you will be able to get the best from a shag rug while transforming any space with a feel of a contemporary and fresh throwback.
Before you just go out and buy the first shag rug you find, do a bit of research on the quality of the rug. One that is low quality will begin to look matted and tattered rather quickly and lose that inviting plush quality. The quality of any shag rug begins with the material it is made from and the way it was built. Look for ones made from all natural fibers.
If you are doing your shopping in a store, examine the build of the rug. High – quality shag rugs will be hand woven and have a backing that is strong. Feel the actual pile and make sure that it is plush and soft as opposed to crunchy and stiff.
If you tend to shop online, you might still want to feel the rug before buying it. Ask for samples of the ones that you are looking at and make sure to order from a quality place like Natural Area Rugs. Also make sure that you are getting the best deal.
One more thing to think about before your purchase is the type of lifestyle you live. Shag rugs tend to be more high maintenance than other types of rugs, so be sure that you will have the time to properly care for it. This type of rug should be shaken and vacuumed on a regular basis. Also, keep in mind that you will want a good rug pad to keep it in place as well as to protect the floor from the rug and the rug from the floor. You might also want to look for rugs made from natural materials such as wool.
Take care of your shag rug and it will look great regardless of the decade.
Area rugs can be both a financial and a visual investment…this is especially true when it comes to natural fiber area rugs. The right rug can make or even break the overall look of a space and change the entire way that it feels. Choosing the right rug is as much about how it feels underfoot as it is about looks. It is also imperative that it be practical for your home.
Things to Consider When on the Lookout for Natural Area Rugs
- What is your lifestyle like? Do you often chase pets or children through the house? If so, you probably want to skip looking at the white rugs. That being said, natural fiber rugs do hold up quite well when it comes to not getting stained.
- What is the purpose of the rug in the room where it will go? Is it meant to create a focal point in a more formal living room or will it be used as a great place to sit when you are playing a variety of board games or just for the kids to sit on and watch TV in the family room?
- What is your style like? Try to find a rug that will complement the inherent style of the room it will be placed in. That doesn’t mean that it should match every single thing in the room. It should work with the textures and tones of the furnishings that are already in that space.
- How easy or difficult is it to clean? Is it going to be used in high traffic areas and need to be cleaned more often, or in spaces that are little used, where it will stay relatively clean? Even though natural fiber area rugs are resistant to stains, they do still need to be cleaned and this is an important factor in choosing one that will be ideal for you and your home.
- What feels best to your feet? For a rug with a softer feel, go with one that is made from cotton or wool. This isn’t to say that sisal and jute are not soft, but they don’t have the type of physical warmth as some of the other natural fibers do.
- How often does your style change? With the seasons? Will the rug you are considering now work with your décor a year from now?
- Will you be moving? If you are moving, then you will want to get a rug that will still fit in your new space. It isn’t a pretty sight to see a large rug being folded under so that it will still work in a smaller space.
- You might spend a bit more on a natural fiber rug, but it will be worth it when compared to the low quality rugs that are found at bargain stores. They will last longer and not need to be replaced as often and you will also be able to tell a difference in the quality.
Area rugs that are made from natural fibers are a great addition to any room and they will lend it a vibe that is cozy and relaxing. Natural fiber area rugs are available in a massive array of sizes and styles, colors and designs and there are even some of them that are meant for use outdoors.
Rugs that are made from natural fibers have gained in popularity when it comes to interior design. They are now seen as an essential element when it comes to decorating a home. They are versatile, affordable and stylish, which means that they are the ideal addition to any home.
Jute, sisal and other natural fibers have hues that are subtly neutral and this allows them to blend in with many different color schemes and designs. They seamlessly blend with layouts that are classic and clean, a coastal setting or even in a room that is otherwise filled with bold patterns and colors. Regardless of the look you are trying to achieve, a rug that has been made from natural fibers can be just what is needed to tie the entire room together.
When it comes to natural area rugs, the colors are easy to blend in with a room. When it comes to size though, that is altogether a different story. A rug that is not properly sized can ruin the entire look and feel of a room. For example, if you have a tiny little rug in a massive room, the room can appear smaller than it is. For this reason, choosing the right size is critical.
With colors that are neutral and can match any design, a variety of sizes and prices that are affordable, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to getting a natural fiber area rug. Check out the great selection at Natural Area Rugs when you are ready to find the ideal rug for your home.
Adding a natural area rug to any room can totally transform the appearance of the room. The rug’s color and the color of the floor that it will lay on can work together to be the focal point of the room. They can also give the other items in the room a moment to shine.
When the floor and the rug are of a similar color and blend perfectly, the attention can be drawn to other parts of the room. If you would rather have the rug as one of the pieces in the room that stands out, get one that has a color that will contrast with the color of the floor. This will immediately draw the eyes right to the rug. Details of the floor will also stand out, giving the grain of the tile or wood floor a chance to really be noticed.
Each type of rug that is made from natural fibers is available in a wide variety of colors. Explore your color options and find the one that will be ideal for your home at Natural Area Rugs.
Yes, it is true that area rugs are becoming the “in” thing again. There is good reason for it too. They are gorgeous and can enhance the look of any space. Here are some tips on finding the ideal rug for your space.
- Know what you want. Natural fiber rugs are not like the ones made with synthetic materials. Also, not all natural fiber rugs are the same. Choose from natural fibers such as mountain grass, sea grass, wool, jute and sisal. They are all stunning and all different.
- Choose the one that will complement your If you have pets inside, then you might want to choose one that is resistant to dirt. Then again, it might be for a high traffic area and if so, it will need to be hard wearing. If you have allergies, choose one that will not aggravate them.
- Size matters. How large do you need it to be? Will a standard size work or will you need one with a custom size?
- Cover what needs to be covered. Rugs will always look their best when they are large enough to get underneath everything in the space that they are in while not being wall to wall.
- Get the color right. Remember that natural area rugs will naturally come in natural colors. While any of them will be in shades of green, tan or brown, the shades have a diversity that means no two are alike. Also, cowhide and wool rugs can always be dyed if you like.
- Don’t forget the border! All of the rugs that can be found here at Natural Area Rugs come bordered in a canvas of high quality that comes in 14 color options. These borders really make the rug stand out.
- Which weave? These rugs are available in different patterns for the weave. Choose from herringbone, basket or tight knit.
- Never go padless. Area rugs are notoriously slippery. Having a pad underneath one can take the slip factor out of the equation. It can also protect both the rug and the floor underneath the rug while adding more cushion for your feet.
- The smell will pass. When natural fiber rugs are new…they smell like the natural fibers. Just as a new car smell will fade, this too shall pass.
- Know the fiber. If you are choosing a rug for a stairway, don’t go with sea grass because it can be slippery. Choose the fiber that will work the best for the area where it will be.
- Keep It clean. While these rugs are resistant to stains and can absorb spills. Still, when you clean them, do it right.
- Rotate it. If you don’t want the traffic to wear a path through your rug, rotate it on a regular basis.
When choosing your area rug, remember these tips and you won’t go wrong. Our professionals at Natural Area Rugs are standing by to help you with your choice.