The warming of the earth is greatly affecting millions of once stable and now extremely delicate ecosystems around the world. It is up to each and every one of us to do our part to reduce these emissions and the disposal of toxic elements into our environment that causes greenhouse gases to be emitted.
Believe it or not, even the smallest thing that you buy can help change the tide of global warming that is plaguing our planet. When it comes to area rugs, there are some ways that you can do your part for the environment. What follows are the top ten reasons to buy environmentally-friendly area rugs and truly do your part.
- Natural area rugs will not harm the environment because they are made with natural materials.
- There are no harmful chemicals, curing agents or dyes found in environmentally-friendly area rugs.
- You are not laying waste to irreplaceable portions of foresting and vegetation when you buy natural area rugs; they come from easily and naturally renewable sources.
- Environmentally friendly area rugs do not emit harmful indoor pollutions, otherwise known as volatile organic compounds.
- Most natural area rugs materials are imported from other, poorer regions around the world. By purchasing these highly sought after, natural materials you are supporting growing economies.
- Natural materials will decompose when discarded without harming the environment.
- Purchasing a natural rug versus a synthetic rug that uses dangerous and harmful chemicals that can contribute to the decline of the environment, is just another way that you can do your part.
- Natural material rugs tend to be more durable and reliable than synthetic material rugs.
- Common natural materials, like sisal, mountaingrass and seagrass area rugs, are naturally anti-static, fire-retardant and stain-resistant.
- Natural materials like New Zealand Wools repel odors from your home and are naturally anti-bacterial.
The word is out: going green is the new trend for those of you whom are truly seeking to become as environmentally friendly as you can. There are many different ways that folks can do their part to assure that their homes are as friendly to environment as possible. One such way is by making sure that you only buy environmentally safe products.
Many people are evening choosing to go with a more vintage and aged look when it comes to their home furnishings so they can do their part with helping to assure that our environment stays as healthy as possible, and that we can all work together in the worldwide battle to combat global warming. One of the ways that you can be more kind to the environment is by how you choose to decorate your home. Always look for products that are all-natural and do not contain any materials or chemicals that can be deemed harmful to the environment.
Many home owners are choosing to remodel their home floors using reclaimed woods, oaks and cork. Others are refinishing older furniture and reusing it to avoid having to purchase newer furniture which contributes to the felling of trees in the forest.
And even more people are choosing to only purchase all-natural rugs and area rugs to decorate their homes, which are made out of eco friendly materials that benefit the environment. By assuring that the flooring and the area rugs in your home meet the eco friendly standards of today, you can know that you are indeed doing your part to help battle global warming.
Being more eco friendly is not just a choice anymore, is a must-do that we as members of society and as responsible homeowners have to do to assure that our world remains clean and healthy for millions of years to come. By assuring that you only decorate your home with environmentally safe items, like all natural area rugs, reused flooring and chemical free furniture, you can rest assured that you are doing your part.
Natural rugs are very much in vogue, and not just because they’re an attractive accent for any type of décor. Natural rugs are eco-friendly and a safer choice for you and your family.
Natural carpeting is made from 100% renewable resources, which means the materials they’re made with can be replaced at a faster rate than they’re consumed. You’re going green when you buy organic rugs because they cause no harm to the environment. One of the best features of natural flooring is that it doesn’t emit harmful chemicals, as is the case with many types of synthetic carpeting. Hypoallergenic, carcinogen-free natural rugs are especially ideal for baby nurseries.
Bamboo, denser than most hardwoods, is one of nature’s strongest materials. Our bamboo rugs are the most durable among our selection of natural carpets. They’re also naturally flame-resistant. Bamboo evokes a wonderful, tropical ambiance. These treasures are perfect for any of the high-traffic areas in your home or office.
Sisal rugs are very popular in the world of home design. It could be because of the exotic nature of this versatile natural flooring. Sisal rugs are typically created in Kenya and Tanzania where extracts from the sisal agave plant are used to make fine, long fibers. The soft fibers are hand-woven into a variety of textures and patterns. Sisal is naturally anti-static, and it’s easy to clean. Sisal rugs create a look that’s both classic and contemporary.
Of the natural rugs available today, jute rugs are the softest. Jute is one of the oldest known types of flooring. Natural Area Rugs’ jute rugs have a brightness and a silky sheen that illuminate and invigorate any area.
Other types of natural flooring are seagrass, wool, and mountain grass. Whichever gorgeous natural rugs you choose, we recommend you also use Premium-Lock Rug Pads.