If you have ever read any of the interior design blogs that are everywhere on the internet, you will notice that interior design has a plethora of rules that should be followed when it comes to decorating your home. However, these rules basically serve as mere guidelines and have been created to help you as opposed to limiting you. There are many exceptions to these rules. At the very least, you have a variety of options to choose from. For example, area rugs in your living room are able to be arranged in quite a few different ways depending on the size of the rug and the setup of the room.
There is a decorating rule about furniture needing to be placed on the area rug. What does that really mean though? Do you need to have your chairs and sofa all the way on the rug or is that rule meant for just the front legs of the furniture? That will depend on the size of your area rug as well as on what look you are trying to achieve. To begin with, let’s take a look at why this is even a rule. For the most part, it has to do with the size of the rug. A large rug will allow for furniture to be arranged on top of it as opposed to around it. A rug that is smaller might can actually make a small space appear to be even smaller while making a larger room feel like it is missing something. Putting your furniture on top of your rug will also keep people from tripping on the edges of the rug when they are walking around the space.
Now that you have an idea of why people put furniture on the area rugs, let’s talk a bit about your options. You might choose to put entire pieces of furniture on the top of your area rug or you might choose to put just a part of your chairs and/or sofa on it. If your floor plan is an open one, putting all of your furniture on the rug will assist in anchoring the space. Aside from that, it all boils down to what you like. Try it in a variety of ways to see which look appeals to you more.
Will there be situations when a living room will look best with only the coffee table on the area rug? Yes, but there will also always be exceptions to the rule. If the rug you currently own is one that is smallish, try this. However, if the look doesn’t seem to be right, you will more than likely need a larger rug, like those that can be found at Natural Area Rugs.
An embracing, warm natural area rug can make all of the difference in the world after you come home from a long day at work and need to soothe your aching, tired feet. Having a soft layer beneath your feet can be just the soothing touch that your body needs in order to rejuvenate and relax. There is a myth about natural area rugs and it is that this type of area rug is too coarse to be of much use in the relaxation department. This is simply not true. In fact, many of the natural fiber area rugs on the market are incredibly soft, which makes them the ideal choice for your home. Take a quick peek at some of them now.
This rug is made from a combination of wool and sisal. It is one of the softest choices when it comes to area rugs that have been created from natural fibers. Sisal wool rugs give you the best of both worlds. They have the incredible durability and unique texture that comes with sisal and they also have the smooth feel that you get from wool. You can choose from a variety of colors and even from a variety of different weaves, which means that you will always be able to find the ideal match for your interior design or floors.
When it comes to natural fibers that rugs are made from, Jute is one of the most durable and softest ones around. This means that it is absolutely ideal for area rugs. You can get jute area rugs in a variety of different weaves and even in a variety of different colors and shades. The jute rugs are stunning and have a texture that is naturally soft. Because of the softness and durability of jute area rugs, they are among the most sought after when it comes to area rugs that have been made from natural fibers.
Sisal rugs are also available in a variety of colors and weaves. The weaves that are chunkier and larger tend to be the ones that are the softest. Sisal rugs are great for use in most rooms in your home or office and will add a touch of class where ever you place them. The shades that sisal rugs are available in range from light to dark so you will have no trouble finding just the shade you are looking for.
To get a closer look at all of the types of natural fiber area rugs that have been discussed here today, and more, head on over to Natural Area Rugs and see all of the options that you have.
Area rugs that are made from natural fibers are a great addition to any room and they will lend it a vibe that is cozy and relaxing. Natural fiber area rugs are available in a massive array of sizes and styles, colors and designs and there are even some of them that are meant for use outdoors.
Rugs that are made from natural fibers have gained in popularity when it comes to interior design. They are now seen as an essential element when it comes to decorating a home. They are versatile, affordable and stylish, which means that they are the ideal addition to any home.
Jute, sisal and other natural fibers have hues that are subtly neutral and this allows them to blend in with many different color schemes and designs. They seamlessly blend with layouts that are classic and clean, a coastal setting or even in a room that is otherwise filled with bold patterns and colors. Regardless of the look you are trying to achieve, a rug that has been made from natural fibers can be just what is needed to tie the entire room together.
When it comes to natural area rugs, the colors are easy to blend in with a room. When it comes to size though, that is altogether a different story. A rug that is not properly sized can ruin the entire look and feel of a room. For example, if you have a tiny little rug in a massive room, the room can appear smaller than it is. For this reason, choosing the right size is critical.
With colors that are neutral and can match any design, a variety of sizes and prices that are affordable, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to getting a natural fiber area rug. Check out the great selection at Natural Area Rugs when you are ready to find the ideal rug for your home.
Adding a natural area rug to any room can totally transform the appearance of the room. The rug’s color and the color of the floor that it will lay on can work together to be the focal point of the room. They can also give the other items in the room a moment to shine.
When the floor and the rug are of a similar color and blend perfectly, the attention can be drawn to other parts of the room. If you would rather have the rug as one of the pieces in the room that stands out, get one that has a color that will contrast with the color of the floor. This will immediately draw the eyes right to the rug. Details of the floor will also stand out, giving the grain of the tile or wood floor a chance to really be noticed.
Each type of rug that is made from natural fibers is available in a wide variety of colors. Explore your color options and find the one that will be ideal for your home at Natural Area Rugs.
Since we are a company that specializes in rugs made from natural fibers, we could tell you all kinds of things about them and how they compare to and surpass everything else on the market. Instead, here is a list of 20 things that you might not know about them.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are durable. It doesn’t matter how much traffic they get, they will last for years.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are diverse. They don’t all look or even feel alike.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are not always expensive and can even be quite affordable…especially when compared to cheap, synthetic rugs.
- These rugs are friendly to the planet and you can help reduce your carbon footprint by using one of them in place of one made from synthetic materials.
- They are not always a pain in the neck to clean. Contrary to popular belief, these rugs can be quite easy to clean.
- Each rug made from natural fibers is unique just as each fiber they are made from is. The natural hues and even the shapes of the fibers can make each one beautifully unique.
- You will always be able to find an ideal rug for each room, regardless of what the other décor is like.
- Rugs made from natural fibers can be central to the design of a room
- These rugs can look casual and airy or give a room a look that is more formal
- Aside from being environmentally friendly, there are not as many chemicals used in the production of these rugs when compared to rugs made from synthetic materials
- Choosing a natural area rug for any space means that you have tons of options
- Natural area rugs are typically flat woven – meaning there is no pile and many times, they can be reversible
- These rugs are created from fibers that are plant based and then tightly woven together
- Although cotton might sometimes be added to make the rugs softer, the rugs are mainly made from fibers that come from seagrass, jute and sisal or wool
- Many people choose to use these rugs in entryways but they work well in every space
- These rugs are resistant to stains and very tough
- Rugs made from natural fibers can are able to hold dyes in order to be made more colorful
- Many of the natural fiber rugs can be resistant to pet hair, which makes it easier for your vacuum to get all of it up
- Natural area rugs can go hand in hand with any type of décor
- You can even split large rooms up into specific spaces that can be delineated by different natural fiber rugs.
Natural Area Rugs specializes in rugs that are made from natural fibers. For the best selection and great prices, head on over now to find the natural area rug of your dreams.
Yes, it is true that area rugs are becoming the “in” thing again. There is good reason for it too. They are gorgeous and can enhance the look of any space. Here are some tips on finding the ideal rug for your space.
- Know what you want. Natural fiber rugs are not like the ones made with synthetic materials. Also, not all natural fiber rugs are the same. Choose from natural fibers such as mountain grass, sea grass, wool, jute and sisal. They are all stunning and all different.
- Choose the one that will complement your If you have pets inside, then you might want to choose one that is resistant to dirt. Then again, it might be for a high traffic area and if so, it will need to be hard wearing. If you have allergies, choose one that will not aggravate them.
- Size matters. How large do you need it to be? Will a standard size work or will you need one with a custom size?
- Cover what needs to be covered. Rugs will always look their best when they are large enough to get underneath everything in the space that they are in while not being wall to wall.
- Get the color right. Remember that natural area rugs will naturally come in natural colors. While any of them will be in shades of green, tan or brown, the shades have a diversity that means no two are alike. Also, cowhide and wool rugs can always be dyed if you like.
- Don’t forget the border! All of the rugs that can be found here at Natural Area Rugs come bordered in a canvas of high quality that comes in 14 color options. These borders really make the rug stand out.
- Which weave? These rugs are available in different patterns for the weave. Choose from herringbone, basket or tight knit.
- Never go padless. Area rugs are notoriously slippery. Having a pad underneath one can take the slip factor out of the equation. It can also protect both the rug and the floor underneath the rug while adding more cushion for your feet.
- The smell will pass. When natural fiber rugs are new…they smell like the natural fibers. Just as a new car smell will fade, this too shall pass.
- Know the fiber. If you are choosing a rug for a stairway, don’t go with sea grass because it can be slippery. Choose the fiber that will work the best for the area where it will be.
- Keep It clean. While these rugs are resistant to stains and can absorb spills. Still, when you clean them, do it right.
- Rotate it. If you don’t want the traffic to wear a path through your rug, rotate it on a regular basis.
When choosing your area rug, remember these tips and you won’t go wrong. Our professionals at Natural Area Rugs are standing by to help you with your choice.