Our mission at Natural Area Rugs is to provide every customer with the finest products backed by consistent top-quality service.
People might wonder whether or not a rug pad is necessary for an area rug. The answer is yes. There are several reasons for this.
- Having a rug pad under your area rug makes vacuuming easier. Dirt is the major cause of the degradation of rugs. Having a rug pad in place will keep the rig from shifting and therefor allow you to pick up more of the dirt than what you would be able to without a rug pad. This will aide in prolonging the life of your rug.
- Why would you need a rug pad when you have larger rugs? With a larger area rugs using a rug pad is helpful for keeping the corners of the rug down and also to make sure that they do not buckle. People might be of the mind that rug pads are not necessary for larger area rugs because they are less likely to slip. They may be less likely to slip than smaller ones but they are more prone to wrinkle or buckle at the corners.
- A rug pad will also give your floor protection. A good quality one will keep the dye from transferring from the rug to the floor. In some instances, dyes in some rugs can bleed into the floor or even react with the coating that is on your hardwood floor. Although this is a rare occurrence, it can happen…though it is even rarer when you use a rug that is made from natural fibers…such as a jute rug.
- Using a rug pad that is thicker will give your rug more support. This will relieve the stress of traffic through the years. A rug pad that is cushioned will help to prolong the life of your area rugs as well as protecting the floor underneath.
There are some instances though when the use of a rug pad is entirely left to the preferences of the customer. There are some cases when a rug pad might not be necessary because the rug will be able to lay flat while not wrinkling, buckling or slipping, etc. To check and see if your area rug needs a rug pad, all you have to do is to lay your rug out flat on your floors and see if the rug will slide or shift. The area rug should be around 7 to 10 feet or larger and thicker than smaller rugs. Thinner rugs that have a flat weave always need rugs pads since they tend to wrinkle and buckle.
Regardless of the size of your area rug, when you do not use a rug pad, you are leaving your floors unprotected, which means that over time they can be damaged or discolored.
We here at Natural Area Rugs are proud to offer many types of custom and special order rugs. With the growing trend of flooring that is simply a hard surface, rug sales have also seen an upswing. As a result, retailers and suppliers are constantly finding creative new ways to offer their rugs in methods that are both effective and simple.
This is something that is simple even though there are several steps involved. First, we cut and then square the natural area rugs in the warehouse and then move them to a workroom where they can be bound in serge. The custom rugs come to you complete with a backing that is made from Latex.
We can fabricate nearly any design and shape. We have made L shaped rugs before, but the rectangle shaped rugs are the most popular ones.
Each one of our rugs is meticulously made with dedication and passion by artisan rug makers who use only the finest materials…in other words, the way that they should be made. They are made right here in LA.
For natural rugs such as sisal rugs, seagrass rugs or even jute rugs, you are invited to visit us at http://www.naturalarearugs.com/sisal/customsizes.php for more details.
With open floor plans and so much hard flooring being used, there is a growing need for larger custom sized rugs that will be able to aesthetically define areas. There are many patterns available so that your area rugs can be changed out as frequently as you want while still being affordable.
We offer custom options for style, size and even shapes of our natural rugs. Choose from rounds, runners, squares and rectangles, and even octagon shapes. Also, bindings can be serged for rugs that will be used on stairs or a cotton canvas binding for all of our other custom rugs. Larger size rugs are most popular right now and we can offer a maximum size of 13 feet wide by 90 feet long.
You can shop online with a form that is easy to use. It includes a calculator that provides you with on the spot pricing information. Your rug can be delivered within 3-5 business days and we offer free shipping.
This program suits the market of today. When we started 30 years ago, the market was mostly for carpet that was wall to wall. Now, the market has flipped and is mostly rugs.
This is an excellent program that uses good tools in order to get that on the spot pricing. It is also extremely cost effective. Ordering directly from us here at Natural Area Rugs means that there are fewer costs involved and less handling.
Just log on to your NAR account and then enter the product, shape, size, color and your choice for the edge finish and you will instantly get pricing and delivery information. It is a process that is quick and simple. We also have a sample page that shows a variety of natural styles with a spectrum of binding and serging options.
Consumers and designers alike can also gain access to a wide array of the natural materials right on our website. The largest part of our custom rugs is bound natural fiber broadloom which gives the customers the greatest flexibility in terms of custom sizes, shapes and options in bindings.
You know, realistically speaking, interior design can be pretty pricey. Many people will go through an inestimable amount of Pinterest boards just to find out that their dream designs can cost as much, if not more, than their entire house. This can, quite understandably, leave anyone feeling a bit of discouragement. Things such as works of art, coffee tables, sofas, bedroom suites can all help you put a hurting on your wallet. Even area rugs can be rather pricey…especially custom area rugs. While we are not able to assist you with your sofa issues, we are a world leader when it comes to area rugs and as such, we can definitely help you find your custom rugs on a budget.
Why would anyone look on the internet as opposed to physically going shopping out of your home? Aside from the fact that stores online have an overhead that is lower and competition that is greater, you won’t need to get dressed, get in the car and drive to a shop only to battle traffic on the way and too many people in the shop when you get there. In all actuality, in many instances, because of the competition and lower overhead, you will be able to get rock bottom prices online. Additionally, you will find the largest selection and choice diversity. You will be able to find the ideal custom rugs all without needing to leave your home.
So Many Choices
When it comes to looking for custom rugs, having patience is critical. When you are doing your shopping online, you have so much freedom with things like comparing prices and finding out which deals are the best option. You never need to settle AND for the savvy shopper who has a passion for getting the most for your money, you will be absolutely amazed at the deals you can find. Before you begin your search, determine exactly what you can afford to spend and then start shopping around until you find the ideal custom rugs at the best prices.
Natural fiber rugs such as seagrass, sisal and wool, can sometimes be more expensive right at the outset. The thing is though, they are the rugs that will give you the optimal return on your initial investment. Not only will they last longer, they also age with grace and are the best choice for those who want durability and resistance to stains. Since most of the time, area rugs are put in high foot traffic areas, being durable is a quality that custom rugs need to have. Synthetic fibers tend to wear much more quickly than natural fibers and as a result, before you are nearly ready to, it will be time to go rug shopping again.
The natural custom rugs from www.Naturalarearugs.com will remain looking great for many years to come.
When you take care of your area rugs, you will be rewarded with them lasting a lifetime. If you follow these tips for cleaning and caring for your area rugs, you can make them last. All eyes might very well be on your new seagrass rugs and you want it to stay that way. With only a bit of vigilance, you will be able to preserve the natural good looks of them, regardless if they are sisal rugs, jute rugs or even your seagrass rugs.
The care and cleaning requirements for area rugs will depend on the way they are made as well as what they are made from. However, there are some things that do apply to all types of rugs regardless of what they are made from, how they are made or what they cost.
- Use a pad underneath your rug. Rug pads will improve the appearance of the rug while also preventing it from slipping. Anytime you use a rug pad, it needs to be about an inch smaller than the rug you will be using it under – don’t count any fringe in the length of the rug – so that it will not show.
- Vacuum your area rugs lightly on a weekly basis. Don’t forget to vacuum the underside of it either. If the rug is in an area that gets a lot of traffic, you will want to vacuum it more often. If the rug has any fringe, don’t vacuum the fringe. Keep the integrity of your rugs intact by using an upright style vacuum cleaner and by making sure that the beater bar is at the highest level. Alternatively, if you have a stick vacuum or canister vacuum, these are less abrasive.
- Don’t expose your area rugs to sunlight or heat for long periods of time.
- Rotate your rugs on a regular basis so that they will wear evenly.
- Have them cleaned professionally. This will depend on where the rug is located as well as on how much foot traffic it gets, but as a rule of thumb, once a year should be often enough.
- Make sure that you take care of any stains as soon as possible. Use a clean, absorbent, white cloth and blot the stains immediately. Do not rub the stain or use any type of product that contains silicone because these things will accelerate the soiling.
Anytime you get a special, natural rug that is made from things like seagrass, sisal or jute, they will last longer if you take proper care of them. This type of area rug can make many types of statements as far as design goes. Keep them looking great for years to come and your investment in them will pay off in the long run.