Area rugs that are made from natural fibers are a great addition to any room and they will lend it a vibe that is cozy and relaxing. Natural fiber area rugs are available in a massive array of sizes and styles, colors and designs and there are even some of them that are meant for use outdoors.
Rugs that are made from natural fibers have gained in popularity when it comes to interior design. They are now seen as an essential element when it comes to decorating a home. They are versatile, affordable and stylish, which means that they are the ideal addition to any home.
Jute, sisal and other natural fibers have hues that are subtly neutral and this allows them to blend in with many different color schemes and designs. They seamlessly blend with layouts that are classic and clean, a coastal setting or even in a room that is otherwise filled with bold patterns and colors. Regardless of the look you are trying to achieve, a rug that has been made from natural fibers can be just what is needed to tie the entire room together.
When it comes to natural area rugs, the colors are easy to blend in with a room. When it comes to size though, that is altogether a different story. A rug that is not properly sized can ruin the entire look and feel of a room. For example, if you have a tiny little rug in a massive room, the room can appear smaller than it is. For this reason, choosing the right size is critical.
With colors that are neutral and can match any design, a variety of sizes and prices that are affordable, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to getting a natural fiber area rug. Check out the great selection at Natural Area Rugs when you are ready to find the ideal rug for your home.
Adding a natural area rug to any room can totally transform the appearance of the room. The rug’s color and the color of the floor that it will lay on can work together to be the focal point of the room. They can also give the other items in the room a moment to shine.
When the floor and the rug are of a similar color and blend perfectly, the attention can be drawn to other parts of the room. If you would rather have the rug as one of the pieces in the room that stands out, get one that has a color that will contrast with the color of the floor. This will immediately draw the eyes right to the rug. Details of the floor will also stand out, giving the grain of the tile or wood floor a chance to really be noticed.
Each type of rug that is made from natural fibers is available in a wide variety of colors. Explore your color options and find the one that will be ideal for your home at Natural Area Rugs.
The reasons that you should decorate your home with a natural fiber rug are abundant. Rugs like jute, seagrass and even sisal are among the fastest and easiest to take care of. They cost a fraction of what most other quality rugs do and they are great for the environment as well. These types of rugs can be used just about anywhere for any purpose that you might have in mind. Most of the top designers today tend to want to go natural and get natural fiber rugs for every room in their homes.
These rugs tend to share some of the same qualities but they are no totally alike. Some people will find that one may work better for them than the other. Many people have a hard time deciding if they should go with the sisal rug that is great for high volumes of traffic or something softer which could be a jute rug in your living area. If you need to know more about these rugs just keep reading.
Jute is a fiber that is derived from natural plant stems. You can normally find these types of plants growing primarily in India and Bangladesh. This product is also what you will find in twine and burlap as well. The fibers of the Jute have a soft texture with a wavy sheen to them which makes it great for those that like to walk barefoot around the house. If you want something that is amazingly soft you want to look for a jute rug that is mixed with chenille. The way they are weaved together you will get a much softer rug than normal.
The jute rug is best used in areas of the home that do not see a lot of foot traffic as they are not as durable as some of the other types. They can however, help to cover up bad stains that may be soaked into your floor. Jute rugs have a great organic feel to them. You may see some shedding of these rugs because of the natural plant fibers. This will only last for a while, once it gets a bit older the shedding will cease.
The sisal in these rugs is derived from the agave plant; this is also the same plant that is used to make tequila and aloe. The plant is grown mainly in Central America. However, when it comes to major production of the fibers, it comes from East Africa and Brazil. When you want something strong and durable, you definitely want to go with Sisal. It may cost you a bit more than the others but it will be worth it when it comes to durability and having them in high traffic areas is the best. One thing to be careful of with a sisal rug is to keep them out of direct sunlight as they will fade in coloring.
The seagrass rug is perfect for areas of the house that tend to get a lot of spills and other accidents as it stands up perfectly to stains. The weave of this rug is very tight which makes it extremely soft.
One thing to keep in mind is that you should never put natural fiber rugs in areas with a lot of moisture like the bathroom. If you want to do some comparing to find the best rug for you, check out the selection at Natural Area Rugs.
Since we are a company that specializes in rugs made from natural fibers, we could tell you all kinds of things about them and how they compare to and surpass everything else on the market. Instead, here is a list of 20 things that you might not know about them.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are durable. It doesn’t matter how much traffic they get, they will last for years.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are diverse. They don’t all look or even feel alike.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are not always expensive and can even be quite affordable…especially when compared to cheap, synthetic rugs.
- These rugs are friendly to the planet and you can help reduce your carbon footprint by using one of them in place of one made from synthetic materials.
- They are not always a pain in the neck to clean. Contrary to popular belief, these rugs can be quite easy to clean.
- Each rug made from natural fibers is unique just as each fiber they are made from is. The natural hues and even the shapes of the fibers can make each one beautifully unique.
- You will always be able to find an ideal rug for each room, regardless of what the other décor is like.
- Rugs made from natural fibers can be central to the design of a room
- These rugs can look casual and airy or give a room a look that is more formal
- Aside from being environmentally friendly, there are not as many chemicals used in the production of these rugs when compared to rugs made from synthetic materials
- Choosing a natural area rug for any space means that you have tons of options
- Natural area rugs are typically flat woven – meaning there is no pile and many times, they can be reversible
- These rugs are created from fibers that are plant based and then tightly woven together
- Although cotton might sometimes be added to make the rugs softer, the rugs are mainly made from fibers that come from seagrass, jute and sisal or wool
- Many people choose to use these rugs in entryways but they work well in every space
- These rugs are resistant to stains and very tough
- Rugs made from natural fibers can are able to hold dyes in order to be made more colorful
- Many of the natural fiber rugs can be resistant to pet hair, which makes it easier for your vacuum to get all of it up
- Natural area rugs can go hand in hand with any type of décor
- You can even split large rooms up into specific spaces that can be delineated by different natural fiber rugs.
Natural Area Rugs specializes in rugs that are made from natural fibers. For the best selection and great prices, head on over now to find the natural area rug of your dreams.
Yes, it is true that area rugs are becoming the “in” thing again. There is good reason for it too. They are gorgeous and can enhance the look of any space. Here are some tips on finding the ideal rug for your space.
- Know what you want. Natural fiber rugs are not like the ones made with synthetic materials. Also, not all natural fiber rugs are the same. Choose from natural fibers such as mountain grass, sea grass, wool, jute and sisal. They are all stunning and all different.
- Choose the one that will complement your If you have pets inside, then you might want to choose one that is resistant to dirt. Then again, it might be for a high traffic area and if so, it will need to be hard wearing. If you have allergies, choose one that will not aggravate them.
- Size matters. How large do you need it to be? Will a standard size work or will you need one with a custom size?
- Cover what needs to be covered. Rugs will always look their best when they are large enough to get underneath everything in the space that they are in while not being wall to wall.
- Get the color right. Remember that natural area rugs will naturally come in natural colors. While any of them will be in shades of green, tan or brown, the shades have a diversity that means no two are alike. Also, cowhide and wool rugs can always be dyed if you like.
- Don’t forget the border! All of the rugs that can be found here at Natural Area Rugs come bordered in a canvas of high quality that comes in 14 color options. These borders really make the rug stand out.
- Which weave? These rugs are available in different patterns for the weave. Choose from herringbone, basket or tight knit.
- Never go padless. Area rugs are notoriously slippery. Having a pad underneath one can take the slip factor out of the equation. It can also protect both the rug and the floor underneath the rug while adding more cushion for your feet.
- The smell will pass. When natural fiber rugs are new…they smell like the natural fibers. Just as a new car smell will fade, this too shall pass.
- Know the fiber. If you are choosing a rug for a stairway, don’t go with sea grass because it can be slippery. Choose the fiber that will work the best for the area where it will be.
- Keep It clean. While these rugs are resistant to stains and can absorb spills. Still, when you clean them, do it right.
- Rotate it. If you don’t want the traffic to wear a path through your rug, rotate it on a regular basis.
When choosing your area rug, remember these tips and you won’t go wrong. Our professionals at Natural Area Rugs are standing by to help you with your choice.
Jute is a natural plant fiber produced mainly in India. It is most often used to make twine or rope, which is then woven or blended into different products, such as floor coverings, fabrics and clothing. Jute is extremely durable, affordable and eco-friendly, making it an ideal material for a variety of products.
The plant from which jute is made grows well in extremely rainy conditions. It is inexpensive to grow because it flourishes in wet weather and is resistant to pests and disease. The production of jute is second only to that of cotton, and jute is much easier and cheaper to grow because it does not necessitate excessive use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Continue reading