If you have ever read any of the interior design blogs that are everywhere on the internet, you will notice that interior design has a plethora of rules that should be followed when it comes to decorating your home. However, these rules basically serve as mere guidelines and have been created to help you as opposed to limiting you. There are many exceptions to these rules. At the very least, you have a variety of options to choose from. For example, area rugs in your living room are able to be arranged in quite a few different ways depending on the size of the rug and the setup of the room.
There is a decorating rule about furniture needing to be placed on the area rug. What does that really mean though? Do you need to have your chairs and sofa all the way on the rug or is that rule meant for just the front legs of the furniture? That will depend on the size of your area rug as well as on what look you are trying to achieve. To begin with, let’s take a look at why this is even a rule. For the most part, it has to do with the size of the rug. A large rug will allow for furniture to be arranged on top of it as opposed to around it. A rug that is smaller might can actually make a small space appear to be even smaller while making a larger room feel like it is missing something. Putting your furniture on top of your rug will also keep people from tripping on the edges of the rug when they are walking around the space.
Now that you have an idea of why people put furniture on the area rugs, let’s talk a bit about your options. You might choose to put entire pieces of furniture on the top of your area rug or you might choose to put just a part of your chairs and/or sofa on it. If your floor plan is an open one, putting all of your furniture on the rug will assist in anchoring the space. Aside from that, it all boils down to what you like. Try it in a variety of ways to see which look appeals to you more.
Will there be situations when a living room will look best with only the coffee table on the area rug? Yes, but there will also always be exceptions to the rule. If the rug you currently own is one that is smallish, try this. However, if the look doesn’t seem to be right, you will more than likely need a larger rug, like those that can be found at Natural Area Rugs.
The eco-friendly era hit with a boom and many people are struggling to catch up with the rest of the world. However, it can be harder than you would think; especially if you have an older style home that has none of the ‘Green’ era included in the design. There are many ways in which even the older homes can be made to go ‘Green’ cheaply and quickly.
When it comes to doing improvements to your home, you don’t want to spend a lot of time or money to get the job done and you don’t have to. Some of the things that you can do are quite simple, from getting rid of those old lightbulbs to an eco-friendlier fluorescent bulb will help. Not only do they last longer but they will cut down on your power bill as well.
When you are thinking of any kind of renovations to your home, no matter what type of home you have; from an already ‘Green’ home to an older style that needs more work; you need to take the time to think everything through that you want to accomplish before doing the actual work. Make up a design plan so you will know exactly how much material you will need and how much time it will take to get everything done. This way, you can avoid any possible disasters later on.
There is nothing worse than messing up on a job and having to start over from scratch so be sure that any DIY projects that you undertake you know exactly what it is that you are doing so that you get it right the first time; saving you both time and money.
Not only the house itself can be made to go ‘Green’ but the design and decorations can also help a big deal. Having organic items in your home that help keep you from having waste that you cannot really get rid of without causing more harm to the environment is a great way to help you go ‘Green’. When you want to decorate your home and still be environmentally friendly the options are abundant.
With the advancements placed on the world you can easily find environmentally friendly items for every room in your home. If you are hesitant about spending larger sums of money on things like couches and chairs, then you can go smaller to start with some amazing natural area rugs. You can find these natural fiber rugs just about anywhere online or in stores.
Research is key when it comes to anything, including designing and decorating the interior of your home. The name says it all when it comes to natural fiber rugs. They are made from organic plant fibers and are perfect for just about any room in your home.
Most natural rugs have a subtle tone to them. You can however, find some in a variety of colors that will easily match any room in your home. No matter what step in the eco-friendly phase you are in you should consider natural fiber rugs for your decorating needs.
Since we are a company that specializes in rugs made from natural fibers, we could tell you all kinds of things about them and how they compare to and surpass everything else on the market. Instead, here is a list of 20 things that you might not know about them.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are durable. It doesn’t matter how much traffic they get, they will last for years.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are diverse. They don’t all look or even feel alike.
- Rugs made from natural fibers are not always expensive and can even be quite affordable…especially when compared to cheap, synthetic rugs.
- These rugs are friendly to the planet and you can help reduce your carbon footprint by using one of them in place of one made from synthetic materials.
- They are not always a pain in the neck to clean. Contrary to popular belief, these rugs can be quite easy to clean.
- Each rug made from natural fibers is unique just as each fiber they are made from is. The natural hues and even the shapes of the fibers can make each one beautifully unique.
- You will always be able to find an ideal rug for each room, regardless of what the other décor is like.
- Rugs made from natural fibers can be central to the design of a room
- These rugs can look casual and airy or give a room a look that is more formal
- Aside from being environmentally friendly, there are not as many chemicals used in the production of these rugs when compared to rugs made from synthetic materials
- Choosing a natural area rug for any space means that you have tons of options
- Natural area rugs are typically flat woven – meaning there is no pile and many times, they can be reversible
- These rugs are created from fibers that are plant based and then tightly woven together
- Although cotton might sometimes be added to make the rugs softer, the rugs are mainly made from fibers that come from seagrass, jute and sisal or wool
- Many people choose to use these rugs in entryways but they work well in every space
- These rugs are resistant to stains and very tough
- Rugs made from natural fibers can are able to hold dyes in order to be made more colorful
- Many of the natural fiber rugs can be resistant to pet hair, which makes it easier for your vacuum to get all of it up
- Natural area rugs can go hand in hand with any type of décor
- You can even split large rooms up into specific spaces that can be delineated by different natural fiber rugs.
Natural Area Rugs specializes in rugs that are made from natural fibers. For the best selection and great prices, head on over now to find the natural area rug of your dreams.
Yes, it is true that area rugs are becoming the “in” thing again. There is good reason for it too. They are gorgeous and can enhance the look of any space. Here are some tips on finding the ideal rug for your space.
- Know what you want. Natural fiber rugs are not like the ones made with synthetic materials. Also, not all natural fiber rugs are the same. Choose from natural fibers such as mountain grass, sea grass, wool, jute and sisal. They are all stunning and all different.
- Choose the one that will complement your If you have pets inside, then you might want to choose one that is resistant to dirt. Then again, it might be for a high traffic area and if so, it will need to be hard wearing. If you have allergies, choose one that will not aggravate them.
- Size matters. How large do you need it to be? Will a standard size work or will you need one with a custom size?
- Cover what needs to be covered. Rugs will always look their best when they are large enough to get underneath everything in the space that they are in while not being wall to wall.
- Get the color right. Remember that natural area rugs will naturally come in natural colors. While any of them will be in shades of green, tan or brown, the shades have a diversity that means no two are alike. Also, cowhide and wool rugs can always be dyed if you like.
- Don’t forget the border! All of the rugs that can be found here at Natural Area Rugs come bordered in a canvas of high quality that comes in 14 color options. These borders really make the rug stand out.
- Which weave? These rugs are available in different patterns for the weave. Choose from herringbone, basket or tight knit.
- Never go padless. Area rugs are notoriously slippery. Having a pad underneath one can take the slip factor out of the equation. It can also protect both the rug and the floor underneath the rug while adding more cushion for your feet.
- The smell will pass. When natural fiber rugs are new…they smell like the natural fibers. Just as a new car smell will fade, this too shall pass.
- Know the fiber. If you are choosing a rug for a stairway, don’t go with sea grass because it can be slippery. Choose the fiber that will work the best for the area where it will be.
- Keep It clean. While these rugs are resistant to stains and can absorb spills. Still, when you clean them, do it right.
- Rotate it. If you don’t want the traffic to wear a path through your rug, rotate it on a regular basis.
When choosing your area rug, remember these tips and you won’t go wrong. Our professionals at Natural Area Rugs are standing by to help you with your choice.
When it is time to redecorate your home, you might find yourself making the mistake of thinking that you need to make massive, sweeping changes. However, when you are in the mood to redecorate, you can make a big difference by changing only minor things. A great way to change up the look and feel of your home is to add a few custom size rugs. These rugs can make any ordinary room into one that is extraordinary.
It isn’t a custom in America to have your guests take their shoes off when they come into your home. That being said, you don’t want mud and dirt to be tracked into your home either. This is a great reason to put a small, custom size rug at the doorway or entrance to your home…and even in front of porch, patio or balcony doors. This will keep that mud and dirt from getting into the other areas in your home. Get a rug that is made from a material that is sturdy, such as seagrass or sisal. This will ensure that the rug continues to look great and allows it to have a long life even when it is in an area that sees a lot of foot traffic.
Break up Large Spaces
Many modern homes have a sort of open floor plan with fewer of the internal walls and/or partitions that serve to provide a physical separation for the various rooms…such as the kitchen, dining and living rooms. However, you might still want there to be a visual aid that will work to separate these spaces. This can be achieved easily with area rugs. Get one that is large and has a contrasting color when you want to add visual appeal and dimension from one of your rooms to another one.
This is also a great idea for those who live in a studio apartment. It can assist you in separating the bedroom area from the living room area. That being said, smaller and lighter colored rugs are what should be used in rooms or apartments that are short on space. Adding a darker or larger rug could actually overwhelm it and make the space appear considerably smaller than it actually is.
Custom Sized Area Rugs
Getting a custom sized area rug that is large and has a contrasting color or a fun pattern will actually serve to add a sort of visual statement to any space and bring it a new vitality. For those home owners who might be bored with the look in their home, getting something as simple as a custom area rug can be just the spark of redecoration that they need.