Yes, it is true that area rugs are becoming the “in” thing again. There is good reason for it too. They are gorgeous and can enhance the look of any space. Here are some tips on finding the ideal rug for your space.
- Know what you want. Natural fiber rugs are not like the ones made with synthetic materials. Also, not all natural fiber rugs are the same. Choose from natural fibers such as mountain grass, sea grass, wool, jute and sisal. They are all stunning and all different.
- Choose the one that will complement your If you have pets inside, then you might want to choose one that is resistant to dirt. Then again, it might be for a high traffic area and if so, it will need to be hard wearing. If you have allergies, choose one that will not aggravate them.
- Size matters. How large do you need it to be? Will a standard size work or will you need one with a custom size?
- Cover what needs to be covered. Rugs will always look their best when they are large enough to get underneath everything in the space that they are in while not being wall to wall.
- Get the color right. Remember that natural area rugs will naturally come in natural colors. While any of them will be in shades of green, tan or brown, the shades have a diversity that means no two are alike. Also, cowhide and wool rugs can always be dyed if you like.
- Don’t forget the border! All of the rugs that can be found here at Natural Area Rugs come bordered in a canvas of high quality that comes in 14 color options. These borders really make the rug stand out.
- Which weave? These rugs are available in different patterns for the weave. Choose from herringbone, basket or tight knit.
- Never go padless. Area rugs are notoriously slippery. Having a pad underneath one can take the slip factor out of the equation. It can also protect both the rug and the floor underneath the rug while adding more cushion for your feet.
- The smell will pass. When natural fiber rugs are new…they smell like the natural fibers. Just as a new car smell will fade, this too shall pass.
- Know the fiber. If you are choosing a rug for a stairway, don’t go with sea grass because it can be slippery. Choose the fiber that will work the best for the area where it will be.
- Keep It clean. While these rugs are resistant to stains and can absorb spills. Still, when you clean them, do it right.
- Rotate it. If you don’t want the traffic to wear a path through your rug, rotate it on a regular basis.
When choosing your area rug, remember these tips and you won’t go wrong. Our professionals at Natural Area Rugs are standing by to help you with your choice.
When it is time to redecorate your home, you might find yourself making the mistake of thinking that you need to make massive, sweeping changes. However, when you are in the mood to redecorate, you can make a big difference by changing only minor things. A great way to change up the look and feel of your home is to add a few custom size rugs. These rugs can make any ordinary room into one that is extraordinary.
It isn’t a custom in America to have your guests take their shoes off when they come into your home. That being said, you don’t want mud and dirt to be tracked into your home either. This is a great reason to put a small, custom size rug at the doorway or entrance to your home…and even in front of porch, patio or balcony doors. This will keep that mud and dirt from getting into the other areas in your home. Get a rug that is made from a material that is sturdy, such as seagrass or sisal. This will ensure that the rug continues to look great and allows it to have a long life even when it is in an area that sees a lot of foot traffic.
Break up Large Spaces
Many modern homes have a sort of open floor plan with fewer of the internal walls and/or partitions that serve to provide a physical separation for the various rooms…such as the kitchen, dining and living rooms. However, you might still want there to be a visual aid that will work to separate these spaces. This can be achieved easily with area rugs. Get one that is large and has a contrasting color when you want to add visual appeal and dimension from one of your rooms to another one.
This is also a great idea for those who live in a studio apartment. It can assist you in separating the bedroom area from the living room area. That being said, smaller and lighter colored rugs are what should be used in rooms or apartments that are short on space. Adding a darker or larger rug could actually overwhelm it and make the space appear considerably smaller than it actually is.
Custom Sized Area Rugs
Getting a custom sized area rug that is large and has a contrasting color or a fun pattern will actually serve to add a sort of visual statement to any space and bring it a new vitality. For those home owners who might be bored with the look in their home, getting something as simple as a custom area rug can be just the spark of redecoration that they need.
We all know that you never get a second chance to make a great first impression, and yet many times people will neglect or only pay a little bit of attention to the hallways and entry ways to their homes. The fact is that these areas in your home DO matter. Some people might hang a picture or two or they might even throw down a small decorative rug and call it finished before forgetting all about it. The unfortunate thing about this is that these people are missing out on a unique chance to create a magnificent first impression to their home and also of themselves. Additionally, guests will tend to get more of a feel of importance when they enter a home through a welcoming and impressive entry way. An entrance that is only halfway decorated is boring at best and easily forgotten at its worst. It can also give your guests the completely wrong impression of your home and yourself.
Entrances and Hallways are Great Areas to Showcase Your Individuality
The entry to your home is where you will make your first and your last impression. Instead of looking at an entryway and thinking that it is boring, look at it as your opportunity to let your personal style shine. In fact, these areas of your home give you the opportunity to let loose in styles that are not accessible in the other areas of your living space. Homebuyers these days are opting more and more for open floor plans. These floor plans typically lack your normal hallways. While the homeowners do love the layouts (if they didn’t then they wouldn’t buy a house with this type of layout), they also tend to miss that sense of separation and definition that can be found with a hallway.
When you are decorating your entryway or hallway, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Think of these areas as actual rooms in your home. Consider what color you would like to paint the walls, what sort of lighting you would like and what type of natural area rug would look great on the floor to tie the look together.
- Don’t be afraid to go bold. If you have a design style that is a bit wild, let it run free. Line your entry or hallway with modern art or you can even use colors that you might not want to use in the rest of your living space. The goal here is to transform your hallways and entry way from a space that is boring to pass through to a dazzling area of self-expression. Sisal area rugs will help you gain the look and feel that you want and your entry and hallways will not only give a great first impression, they will also give one that is lasting.
If you are like most people, you will want your home to look nice. You will want to make sure that each space has its own style that is a reflection of your own personality. You can do a lot of that decorating with area rugs if you wanted to. Natural area rugs come in a wide variety of sizes, colors and patterns. They also come in a vast array of different shapes. In fact, there is so much of a variety to choose from that you might find it difficult to narrow down your options because you will fall in love with quite a few of them.
What is a good way to decorate your living room with a natural are rug that has a geometric shape though? You don’t need to have a degree in interior design to be able to decorate with a natural area rug that has a geometric shape, even if it seems like a daunting task.
Here are a few tips that will help you along in the right direction when it comes to this.
- The natural area rug with a geometric shape that you choose does not necessarily have to be an overly large one. You can use a small rug to create quite a few different looks in your living room.
- If your living room has a theme with a deep color, or strong pattern, go for a geometric rug that has highly contrasting colors to tie it all together and create a look and feel that is intense.
- If you want to have the maximum amount of flexibility and want to showcase cooler colors then you should go with a geometric rug that is in a soft color, such as gray or beige. Neutral colors will work best in this situation.
- For those who are looking to create a space that is warm and inviting, think about a geometric natural area rug that features warm colors or patterns.
- As far as getting the feel that you want in that living space, check out the various textures that are available. You can get anything from a shag natural area rug to ones that have a super tight weave.
- If you want your living room to offer a calmer sort of mood, then you should opt for a geometric area rug that has colors that are softer and quieter.
- When you want to make your living room a space that is full of movement and energy, choose a rug that has high contrast colors.
By following these tips, you will find that using geometrically shaped natural are rugs to decorate your living room isn’t as difficult as it might seem
When talking about decorating a home, often, people will have the assumption that bigger is better. The thing is, to redecorate, many times you will just need to change a few things. A great way to redecorate any home or space is by creating a custom area rugs. The right natural area rug can transform even an ordinary room into one that is extraordinary.
Welcome Them in Style
While most people don’t ask their guests to take their shoes off when they visit, it is still not likely that they want to have med and dirt tracked into their home. It is easy to get a small custom natural area rug and place it at the doorway or entrance to your home. This includes in front of doors to the balcony and even doors to the patio. This can not only create a great first impression but it can also keep the mud and dirt from being tracked throughout your home. Getting a natural area rug, such as one made from seagrass or sisal is best because these materials are both sturdy and long lasting.
Break That Space Up
Many modern homes now have open floor plans where there are just a few, if any, partitions or walls that are meant to separate the kitchen from the living area. At times, home owners will still need to have that visual aspect that will help to separate the areas. This is easily done with a natural area rug that is large and has a color that is contrasting in order to add both visual appeal and dimension from one of the room to the other.
This is also able to be done in studio apartments in order to separate the bedroom area from the living area. That being said, in a studio try using alight colored, smaller rug since adding one that is dark and large can actually overwhelm the space and make it look way smaller than it actually is.
Cover Those Blemishes
Many home owners will either have a large stain on the carpeting or have a bit of their hardwood floor that is faded or otherwise blemished. This might make you want to get it repaired or replaced, but often the expense is just too much and that is a really big hassle. Instead of going through all of that, you can cover it with a natural area rug. Get one that has a contrasting color or fun pattern and this will make a visual statement to that space and can bring it back to life. For those home owners who want a new look with no hassle, an area rug can be the ideal solution.